As an Ambulance Care Assistant, you will be working as part of a two-person crew and be responsible for the safe transportation of patients, of varying conditions and from varying locations in Oxfordshire. You will require manual handling skills including use of stretchers and wheelchairs (training will be provided). All patients require a responsive level of care and assistance whilst always guaranteeing professional customer satisfaction.
This role requires an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and a barred list check.
£10.75 per hour.
Full-time - average 37.5 hours per week.
3 days on 3 days off (12 hour shifts working between 07:00 and midnight).
Permanent, zero-hours contract.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Transport, assess and attend to patients and service users within the care of EMFS Group in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Take relevant information from carers or other appropriate staff and ensure information is passed to the appropriate parties whilst maintaining patient confidentiality.
- Treat patients with the highest level of care and compassion ensuring patient dignity is always considered.
- Ensure shift times are adhered to and target dispatch times are met, ensuring clients needs are met in addition to company targets.
- Actively participate in personal and environmental cleaning routines (including vehicles, equipment and areas of the garaging facilities) to ensure that infection prevention and control standards are adhered to.
- Carry out checks prior to heading out on shift to the readiness of the vehicle, equipment and consumables. Report any defects and/or damage in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Drive all vehicles legally and in accordance with the EMFS Group driving policy while demonstrating consideration for the comfort and safety of the patient.
- Manage requests and submit to the senior management team in a timely manner.
- Be presentable in the correct uniform and personal protective equipment (PPE), taking special care to adhere to company policies relating to personal hygiene and cleanliness.
- Full UK Driving License (with no more than 6 points)
- Be committed to deliver excellent patient care.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Good level of computer literacy.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team and to use own initiative where necessary.
- Ability to work in a demanding and pressurised environment whilst maintaining a calm and professional approach.
- Good level of written and spoken English.
- A good understanding of safeguarding and equality & diversity.
- Experience of working in an emergency or non-emergency ambulance environment
- Experience working as a carer or in a care position/ environment.
- Current HSE Manual Handling Certificate
- Current level 3 Award in First Aid at Work.
- Current HSE Medical Gases Certificate.
- Emergency Blue Light/ CERAD/ IHCD Driving Certificate.
*Full training will be provided for the right candidate.
*Minor convictions, especially those that occurred some time ago, will be considered on an individual basis. However, convictions involving theft, violence, or drink driving will not be acceptable.
- Free on-site parking.
- Pension scheme.
- Access to training schemes.
- Discounts on high street brands.
- Crew member of the month scheme.
Please use this form to send your application. We look forward to hearing from you!